12 Secret Cooking Tips to Make You Cook like a Chef
Even the most experts of chefs will tell you that cooking is always going to be a learning experience. Whether you are a first-timer in the kitchen or can cook up a mean entreé, there are some cooking techniques that can make the task easier and your dishes tastier. Want to know what they are for your next adventure in the kitchen? Read on!
1. Add a bit of acid (lemon, vinegar, or citrus juice) to make dishes flavorful.
2. TIME is very important! Do not cook something at high heat just because you do not have enough time. Cutting corners on time will lead to an overcooked exterior with undercooked inside.
3. If searing a bunch of things at one time, set them on the pan in a pattern so you can keep track of when to flip each one.
4. Mix flour with COLD water for perfectly-textured gravy.
5. When it comes to cooking, timing is a crucial ingredient. Get all your ingredients ready and near you BEFORE you start cooking.
6. Get inventive when cooking, but strictly follow the recipe when baking.
7. If you’re not sure how much rice to make, start with 1/2 cup per person.
8. Wash rice grains before cooking to get fluffier cooked rice. For extra fluffiness, fluff the rice with a fork to seperate the grains before serving.
9. Always TASTE while you cook so you don’t end up with a bland or overly salty dish.
10. Cut sugar cookies and pop them in the freezer for 5-10 minutes before baking to get perfectly-shaped treats.
11. When browning ground meat, lay it on the pan, leave it until the bottom side is brown, then flip it once to get moist and tasty meat.
12. Cool onions in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes before cutting them to avoid tears. It’s a cooking secret that Italians have probably been keeping from us.