Are you always scouring for what to eat for breakfast? It’s too early to think about what to make? Well don’t worry, the Organics.org community came together to bring you 14 healthy & delicious organic breakfast ideas. Perfect for people who love eating healthy, getting fit or just anyone on the go.
1. Organic Toast, Turkey and Pineapple Sandwich Recipe
This sandwich has a good balance of vitamins and protein. And also a delicious fusion of honey mustard and pineapple.
- 2 Slices of Organic Oat or Wheat bread, Toasted
- Fresh, Sliced Pineapple
- Organic Spring Mix
- Organic Honey Mustard
- Combine the ingredients into a sandwich.
2. Organic Grilled & Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Recipe
Super easy to make if you have a grill or even a toaster oven. Portobello mushrooms are a great source of selenium (helps the body produce antioxidants amongst other things), potassium, and other nutrients. The stuffing, which can be modified to your preference and resources, also adds healthy benefits.
- 1-2 Organic Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 1 Teaspoon of Organic Olive Oil or Raw Coconut Butter
- 1 Teaspoon of Minced Fresh Parsley
- Organic Black Pepper (or your favorite spices)
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Crushed Garlic Clove
- Finely Chopped Rosemary
- Diced tomatoes
- Organic Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat up the grill (medium), toaster oven (around 375 degrees) or non-stick skillet.
- Combine the tomatoes, cheese, oil, rosemary and garlic in a small bowl.
- Remove the dark gills (edible) from the mushroom and the stem. Discard them.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon of oil and lemon juice. Brush the mushroom inside out with it.
- Add the mushroom caps into the grill, with the stem sides down. Make sure the grill is coated with coconut butter or cooking spray. Cook each side for 5 minutes (or until soft).
- Add the tomato mixture into the mushroom caps, cook until the cheese melts.
- Feel free to improvise the ingredients or cooking process.
3. Organic Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes Recipe
For those of you who are constantly craving something sweet and “pancake” in the morning, here’s a super delicious pancake recipe. Not only it tastes wonderful but it’s full of protein, is gluten-free and grain-free. An awesome recipe that your kids will love.
- 1 Cup of Organic Almond, Peanut or any other Nut Butter
- 4 Organic Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup of Organic Greek Yogurt
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Organic Strawberry Jam
- Organic Agave Syrup
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Mix the eggs, almond/peanut butter, greek yogurt, vanilla extract and the strawberry jam in a small bowl.
- Blend everything together using a whisk.
- Preheat a skillet to 350º F.
- When the skillet is hot, add some coconut oil to lightly cover the bottom of skillet.
- Pour batter into skillet and cook on both sides until lightly golden brown.
- If needed, add agave syrup or more strawberry jam on top
4. Organic Egg Breakfast Burrito Recipe
This breakfast burrito will fill your belly in all the good ways. It’s super easy to make and you make it in a variety of ways by simply switching up the tortilla wrap, veggies or cheese. Take it on the go to work by wrapping it up!
- Organic Tortilla
- 1-2 Beaten Organic Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Organic Parsley
- Lime Juice
- Shredded Organic Cheese
- 1/2 a Cup of Diced Turkey Sausage (cooked)
- Organic Pepper and Onions
- Add coconut oil (or any other) to pan over low heat. Add onions, pepper, and stir until the veggies are tender. Add sausage and cook for another minute. Stir in the lime juice, and add parsley. Move everything you just cooked to a plate. It’s time for the eggs.
- While frying pan is on medium heat, add your organic egg(s) into the frying pan.Stir occasionally. When the eggs are nearly done, add the vegetable mix on the plate, and add in the cheese. Allow the cheese to melt.
- Add the final mixture from the pan into a fresh organic tortilla, add salsa and wrap it burrito style. Ready to be eaten or cooled and wrapped for later.
5. Easy to Make Organic Green Smoothie Recipe
Green smoothies are the quickest and most delicious way to get you feeling great in the morning. It provides you with a nutritious solution that is easy to digest and will make you feel energized for many hours to come. Feel free to swap the ingredients around for your preference.
- 1/2 Orange
- Organic Greek Yogurt
- Water or Almond Milk
- Mix it all in a blender until it’s smooth and creamy.
6. Organic Strawberry, Flaxseed and Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 1/2 Cups Organic Almond Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 Cup of Frozen, Organic, Unsweetened Strawberries
- Mix it all in a blender until it’s smooth and enjoys!
7. Organic Vanilla Yogurt & Fruit Goodness Recipe
- Organic vanilla yogurt
- Chia Seeds
Directions: 1. Pour the yogurt into a cup. 2. Add banana, blueberries, and walnuts. 3. Sprinkle chia seeds and cinnamon on top.
8. Organic Almond Yogurt with Fresh Blueberries and Flaxseed Recipe
Thick, creamy yogurt and blueberries are a great way to satisfy morning hunger and give you some energy as well. This great combination will provide your body with antioxidants, anthocyanins, probiotics, omega-3 fatty acids and more. It will shield you from a myriad of diseases and provide you with a quick boost of energy.
- Almond Yogurt
- Fresh Blueberries
Directions: 1. Mix them all in a cup and enjoy.
9. Wild Salmon With Micro Greens and Poached Eggs Recipe
Incredibly simple to make, this recipe is protein packed and wonderful for those who are looking for grain-free breakfasts.
- 1 Organic Egg
- Wild Smoked Salmon
- Organic Sea Salt
- Micro Greens
- How to make poached eggs: Take a large pot. Fill it with 3-4 inches of water and boil it. Add the salt (and pepper if you’d like). Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Reduce the heat to simmer. Swirl the water to form a whirlpool (it’ll help keep the egg in shape). Crack one egg into a ladle and slowly lower it into the pot of water. Gently move the egg around to prevent it from spreading. After 2 to 3 minutes with a slotted spoon.
- On a plate, add your micro greens, wild salmon and top it with the egg!
10. Organic Power Salad
This salad has just about everything you need to get yourself going in the morning. Fruits, greens, nuts and it all tastes amazing together. Not to mention that it’s packed with fiber, manganese, potassium and other vitamins.
- Organic Sprouts
- Organic Leafy Greens
- Dried Black Currants
11. Organic & Vegan Banana Almond Bread
For those of you who love bananas, you won’t be able to stop eating this. Kids and adults alike will love it. It’s rich in fiber, protein, nd healthy fat.
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 3/4 cups agave syrup
- 1/2 cup organic dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup organic almond milk or organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups mashed banana, from very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 1 t. organic vanilla extract
- Almonds (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9″x5″ loaf pan and set it aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift together the coconut flour, organic sugars, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond or coconut milk and cider vinegar. Mix in the mashed banana, canola oil, maple syrup, and organic vanilla extract, until they are well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until combined do NOT over mix. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center emerges clean. Allow the bread to cool on a wire cooling rack for 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
12. Organic Fig and Apple Oatmeal with Chia and Flax
- 1 1/2 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup organic almond milk
- 3 fresh figs, chopped
- 1 unpeeled apple, coarsely shredded
- 1 Tbs rapadura sugar
- 1 Tbs each ground chia seeds and ground flaxseeds
- pinch of sea salt
- maple syrup and almond milk, to serve
3. Spoon into bowls and serve with a splash of cold milk and a drizzle of maple syrup. Plus a cup of hot, black coffee to counterbalance the sweetness.
13. Organic California Style Sandwich
This sandwich is very filling and has a good dose of protein and vitamins. The toasted whole grain bread combines perfectly with the creamy yogurt. And the veggies add a nice cooling sensation and distinct flavor to it.
- Organic Whole Grain Bread
- Ripe Avocado
- Organic Greek or Almond Yogurt
14. Organic Roast Turkey Sandwich with Artichoke Tapenade, Caramelized Onions and Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 slices bread or 2 buns cut in half
- 4 tablespoons artichoke tapenade
- 4 slices organic roast turkey
- 1 large roasted red pepper, cut in half
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons Vegenaise (vegan) mayo
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and water and cook until completely tender and caramelized and golden, about 20-30 minutes, adding more water as needed.
- Spread the artichoke tapenade on 2 slices bread, top with roast turkey, roasted red peppers spinach and the remaining slices of bread with mayo.