Don’t you wish this was some yummy chocolate/caramel concoction? Unlucky for you (and the rest of us), this wonderful chocolate candy look-a-like is not at all edible. In fact, it is a mineral called Moroccan Vanadinite.
Isn’t it funny that out-of-the-blue we sometimes see things that actually look like real food? I’m not talking about the fake food artists create or things that have been photoshopped to look like real food. These are just ordinary objects like trees, rocks or flowers that could actually make you do a double take. While some would require a great deal of imagination on the viewer’s part, others can make you go “Really?”
Just to give you some examples, here are 16 foodies-but-not-yummies to satisfy your hunger — erm, curiosity.
1. Green veggies like broccoli are indeed good for everyone, but I don’t think this tree is what our parents were talking about.
2. You can’t make mashed potato with this spud because it is really a water-worn quartz or chalcedony.
3. If you thought this was NOT a banana, raise your hand.
4. I wonder if Spongebob would want to live here… I meant the trees, not the house.
5. Or maybe Spongebob would prefer this one?
6. These green M&M’s weigh 3 lbs. and they help you sweat.
7. Who wouldn’t want to come home to a giant chocolate bar? Yum!!
8. These mushrooms look like they belong in a fantasy world.
9. Does your car come with an Oreo cookie, too?
10. Anyone in the mood for Sunny Side Up… Bacteria?
11. These flowers look like hairy candy corn, don’t they?
12. Bacon-lovers would love this wall, don’t you think?
13. Some chocolate chip cookies may be hard, but surely not as hard as this rock.
14. No, this isn’t a rare type of banana.
15. Did someone drop a chocolate-topped donut??
16. Does this rock formation want to make you eat medium rare steak or what?