I’m sure you’ll agree that flowers are one of the most beautiful things in the world. That’s why flowers are just about everywhere the eyes can see. Did you know that there are certain flowers that can also be the most interesting-looking and amusing piece of nature?
1. The Hooker’s Lips (Psychotria elata) are plants that have a touch of Mac.
2. The Flame Lily (Gloriosa superba) is always on fire, especially on a very hot day.
3. The Devil’s Hand or Chiranthodendron is also called the monkey’s or Mexican hand tree.
4. Wouldn’t you love a handful of Bleeding Hearts or Lamprocapnos spectabilis for Valentine’s Day?
5. The Beehive Ginger or Zingiber spectabile is an exotic flower that probably confuses bees.
6. Doesn’t the Tropical Pitcher Plant remind you of overripe bananas?
7. I wonder if Star Wars fanatics had the Aristolochia Salvador in their garden.
8. The Star flower really looks like it belongs in the ocean more than on land.
9. The Calceolaria Uniflora are just a bunch of happy aliens, aren’t they?
10. Since there is a handful of orchids on the list, I’ve decided to list them one after the other, starting off with the White Egret Orchid or Habenaria Radiata. Isn’t it a magical-looking bird – I mean flower?
11. A rare orchid, the caladenia melanema or ballet orchid is an exquisite sight to behold.
12. The Flying Duck Orchids (Caleana major) do look like purple duckies in the air.
13. Doesn’t the Ophrys bomybliflora or Laughing Bumblebee orchid put a grin on your face?
14. If the Laughing Bumblebee doesn’t make you smile, maybe the Monkey Face orchid will.
15. Or perhaps the Moth Orchid or Phalaenopsis?
16. Ever seen a Naked Man (Orchis italica) with a hat?
17. These Dancing Girls or Impatiens bequaertii are quite a sight to behold.
Now, if you thought the orchids were entertaining, wait until you see the next group of flowers. The Spider Chrysanthemum, Puya, and Cannonball tree all look like they came out of the Troll movie.