Kidneys are very important body organs. They help clean our body by getting the waste from our blood and flushing them out when we urinate. Our kidneys play a vital role in our well-being, so we need to make sure they are strong and healthy. We need to keep fit and control our blood sugar level, as well as take certain herbs which can help make our kidneys function properly. Here are 7 herbs that can help cleanse your kidneys naturally.
1. Parsley is a natural diuretic. It helps in naturally removing more water from our body and cleanses our kidneys.
2. Marshmallow root is also a diuretic and can help promote the secretion and flow of urine. This process can help in the passage of kidney stones.
3. Ginger can control our blood sugar level. It also helps reduce complications such as kidney damage for diabetic patients.
4. Turmeric contains the chemical curcuma longa or curcumin which prevents an increase in blood pressure which is a popular cause of kidney disease.
5. Cucumber has sterols (compound) which can help in lowering cholesterol levels, a significant factor in the treatment of chronic kidney disease (CKD). Cucumber can also help patients with CKD keep hydrated.
6. Corn silk can help reduce inflammation and regulate blood sugar levels, thanks to its proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, fiber, and certain chemicals.
7. Dandelion root promotes urine production and replaces the potassium that could be lost when we urinate. Because of this, dandelion root can be used to treat kidney disease, skin disorders, and digestive problems.