As you are taking control of the food that you eat and your health, it’s important to replace everything. Yes, that includes even your beloved snacks. It’s very hard to find snack bars that contain only healthy ingredients, as mass produced snack bars have added ingredients to make them last longer, be cheaper, etc. The only sure way to give yourself a delicious and healthy snack bar, is to make it yourself. It’s not as hard as it sounds. This recipe will allow you to make delicious banana raisin oat bars in less than 40 minutes! Your kids could easily make them as well.
The ingredients such as the shredded coconut will provide you with protein, iron, zinc and other diet enriching benefits. All of these ingredients are extremely easy to obtain, and most of them you probably already have. I love that these snack bars contain no added sugars, GMOs or other ingredients that are typically included in conventional snack bars. You can take these on the go, eat them at home, they are what you make of them.
Organic Banana Raisin Oat Bars Recipe
You will need:
- 4 cups of organic quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of raisins
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- Before starting anything, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash all of the bananas in a bowl until they are smooth and creamy.
- Add the rolled oats, shredded coconut, apple sauce and raisins in the bowl as well. Mix it all up inside the bowl.
- Take a pan (I use a glass baking pan myself, 13×9), cover it very lightly with coconut oil.
- Press your mixture into the pan making a nice and even surface on the top.
- That’s it! Bake it for 30 minutes, cut it up into bars when it cools and experience the deliciousness of homemade snack bars.