This Beautiful Quarantine Chalk Art Will Brighten Your Day
The quarantine has many people stressed. However, in many parts of the country, it’s bringing people closer together, despite making them stay 6 feet apart. Many families and children are using chalk to bond and to brighten their neighborhoods and cities with positive messages. Here are 18 sidewalk chalk art pieces that will brighten your day.
1. Art teacher makes great use of her quarantine with this beautiful chalk art. (St. George, Utah)
2. The message inside this colorful box is “In a world where you can be anything. Be Kind!” (Benson, Minnesota)
3. “The world needs you!” (St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, O’Fallon, Illinois)
4. This chalk art features a nurse with a face mask and says “We will get through this.” (Louisville, Kentucky)
5. Hope is the message is this colorful art found outside of a hospital in Seymour. (Seymour, Indiana)
6. Something that we should remember every day is drawn outside of a Children’s Hospital. (Knoxville, Tennessee)
7. An amazing entrance chalk art design by a hospital, to make our heroes feel special. (O’Fallon, Illinois)
8. A hilarious chalk art message that no one in the future will hopefully understand. (Belleville, Ontario, Canada)
9. Chalk art greets visitors at Cancer Center “Starts can’t shine without darkness”. (Sacramento, California)
10. Sometimes a beautiful rainbow is all you need to see to brighten your day. (Wembley, Washington)
11. Hilarious but inspiring chalk art. (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
12. “Stay home”. (Canada)
13. “There’s no place like home. No, seriously, stay home.” (Orlando, Florida)
14. Most of us trying to date in 2020 can relate to this. (Orlando, Florida)
15. This Rapunzel chalk art reminds us that maybe we don’t have it so bad.
16. Another Disney chalk art piece pokes fun at the most hoarded item of 2020. (Orlando, Florida)
17. Thank you messages for all those working to keep us safe.
18. “We will be okay”. (Birmingham, Alabama)
Which one of these beautiful chalk art pieces is your favorite? It seems that quarantine is not all bad. While news outlets tend to focus on the negatives, there seem to be many hopeful and creative people coming together. Share this with people to brighten someone’s day and remind them that everything will be okay.
Or if you have the time and the will, you can make your own chalk paint.
3 Ingredient Sidewalk Chalk Paint Recipe
-1/2 cup cornstarch
-1/2 cup water
-Food coloring (at your discretion)
Mix equal parts of cornstarch with water. Add your food coloring. This mixture will be thick. Use your paintbrush to paint your sidewalk or driveway. This paint is very safe to use and won’t harm you or the environment. Make sure to store excess paint in small, airtight containers.