Tired of Hitting Snooze? Here are 15 Hacks to Wake Up On Time
Always negotiating with your alarm clock for 5 more minutes of sleep? Join the club! So how can we keep our hands off that snooze button for good? Well, we’ve rounded up some tricks from ex-snooze lovers and hopefully we can soon be in that group of morning peeps who wake up even before their wake up alarm goes off.
1. MAKE YOUR ROOM BRIGHT. Light wakes up your senses. Keep the curtains or blinds open so natural light fills your room in the morning. Or get one of those automatic light fixtures and set the timer to the time you want to get up.
2. PLACE THE ALARM CLOCK AWAY FROM YOUR BED. Get out of bed and walk across the room to turn off the alarm. Chances are you’ll be more discouraged to hit snooze and walk all the way back to bed.
3. HAVE A GLASS OF WATER BY YOUR BED. Instead of hitting snooze, drink the water. It clears the grogginess and gets you going for the day.
4. DO SOMETHING YOU LIKE IN THE MORNING. If you like to do it, you’ll get up willingly.
5. MAKE BREAKFAST. It’s the most important meal of the day. It helps keep you full plus gives you a chance to eat healthy.
6. SET A SHORT GOAL. For 2-3 days, try getting up to your alarm. It becomes easier when you start doing it.
7. GET SOME CAFFEINE. Yes. This is why people reach for coffee when they feel drowsy.
8. WAKE UP THE SAME TIME EVERY DAY. When your body gets used to being alert at a certain time of the day, it will automatically wake up at that time.
9. GET AN ALARM FOR DEAF PEOPLE. There is an attachment that goes under your pillow and vibrates when the alarm goes off.
10. SET UP A COUPLE OF ALARMS. Set the first alarm 10 minutes before you wake up, then set your usual alarm. This way, you will already half-awake when the second alarm goes off.
11. SET UP AN EVENING AND A MORNING ROUTINE. When your body gets used to your routines, it makes you sleep and wake up at the same time. For instance, always prepare your outfit for the next day before you go to bed.
12. USE AN ALARM YOU LIKE WAKING UP TO. Using the alarm on your cell? Download one of your favorite songs and set that as your alarm tone.
13. USE THE SLEEP CYCLE APP. The Sleep Cycle App helps you track your sleep pattern and even wakes you up with a light alarm.
14. SLEEP EARLY. Adults should get at least 7 hours of sleep. If you set up your alarm at 6 am, then you should be in bed by 11 pm.
15. COMMIT. Like with any habit that you want to kick, there should be a certain degree of commitment to NOT hitting that snooze button. When you say you’re going to do it, DO IT.