After eating “healthy” for a few years and deciding to go completely “organic” , I was presented with a land rush of questions by my friends. “You’re eating all that healthy stuff already, what’s the point of eating only organic?” Well, the truth is, I was not eating as healthy as I thought I was.
Organic vs non-organic products
Here are the facts:
- The vegetables that majority of the people have access to in the cities are polluted by chemicals. Not only that, a lot of them contain GMOs (genetically modified organisms).
- The majority of the meats bought by consumers are from animals deprived of space, fed hormones/steroids and various anti-biotics. The animals are fed lowest grade quality food to save money.
- Due to millions of products containing deceptive and hard to decipher labels, it’s nearly impossible to tell if what you are eating is really healthy.
- Non-organic products generally contain lower quality ingredients and substitutes.
On the other hand, here’s are organic product facts:
- Organic products labeled (USDA organic) are thoroughly monitored to meet regulations.
- Animal welfare is a priority.
- Organic livestock is fed 100% organic feed. They are free of hormones, steroids and antibiotics. Animals have access to pasture throughout the grazing season.
- Organic food is toxic persistent herbicide and pesticide free.
- Production of organic products is more efficient and environment friendly.
- Organic products have lower levels of pollution.